|RNYC is a RYA Training Centre for sail cruising and powerboating
for its members.
- RYA "shorebased" theory courses on board HY TYNE on Thursday nights through
the winter months from September to March. Day Skipper Theory and Coastal
Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore Theory courses in alternate years.
- Yachtmaster Ocean Theory Course.
- Practical courses for RYA Competent Crew, Day Skipper and Coastal
Skipper practical certificates (Tidal) usually for one week in spring,
in chartered yachts complying with relevant codes of practice.
- Powerboat Levels 1 and 2.
- First Aid Course.
We can arrange for RNYC members to take the following RYA courses at local centres:-
- Radar Course provided by Beacon Marine Training.
- Marine Radio Short Range Certificate Course provided by Beacon Marine Training.
- Diesel Engine Maintenance provided by Miller Marine.
- Basic one day Sea Survival Course provided by South Tyneside College.